Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Fish Cleaning Stations?
Does anyone know the status of the fish cleaning stations at Willard? Are they shut down? Are they plugged up? When do they usually get closed down? Thx.
[signature]
Can't really tell you when the state shuts them down, but the last three times I have been to the north marina the fish cleaning station has been fouled That was last week
[signature]
[#0000FF]The one at the south marina has always been open and clean. The one at the north marina has been inoperable my last three trips. Different maintenance personnel...and attitudes.
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]As far as closing them down for the season, that timetable varies. They usually shut them down as soon as nighttime temps get low enough to freeze. But they have been known to do so even a few weeks ahead of any potential freezes.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]I may be going by there the end of the week. If so, I will check out the north marina and report on the status of the grinders.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
I fished the north marina yesterday. I've given up on the north station and drove to the south marina to take care of a couple kitties. South marina grinder worked well.
[signature]
The NM station is old technology (installed 5 or more years ago) and is not idiot proof - obviously. The SM station is newer technology (Installed last year) and has more idiot proofing than does the NM Station.

Don't know who performs maintenance but would guess that if it is a DWR employee it would be the same person maintaining both. If it is the Campground Host, then it would be a different person for each station. If you REALLY want to know, contact the Willard Park Office and ask them.
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
It is the campground host, at least at the South marina, not sure who does at the North end.
[signature]
Not sure who is SUPPOSED to do it. But I've done it at least 3 times this year. Yep, it is old technology, but entirely satisfactory if anglers would feed in one fish at a time, with the grinder running.
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
[quote Tin-Can]Yep, it is old technology, but entirely satisfactory if anglers would feed in one fish at a time, with the grinder running.[/quote][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]The idiots I spoke of are not intelligent enough to comprehend that simple process. [Wink][/#][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
Quote:[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]The idiots I spoke of are not intelligent enough to comprehend that simple process. [Wink][/#800000][/font]

Yep, that's a problem
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]I spoke with the Willard Park office this AM and asked about who takes care of the cleaning stations and she confirmed it is the camp host. She did NOT know if one host did both marinas or each marina had its own maintenance host. Why am I not surprised?[/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]
[/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]I did pass along that several folks on BFT had spoken of rude behavior by the camp host on the north end and she said she would pass that up the chain. Please don't hold your breath waiting for any solution to that issue. But hey, I did try. [cool][/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah