Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Bay?
Any word on how Willard is doing? Looks like I may try my luck at WB tomorrow, but not getting my hopes up.
[signature]
[#0000FF]Willard has not produced much besides some good catfishing all year. A few brief periods with some wipers and walleyes, but not much for at least the last 30 days. Not worth braving the wild weather for awhile. I cancelled a planned trip myself for today.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]However, it is a transition time. Water temps have remained unseasonably high..between 60 and 65. The current stream of cooling rains and dropping temps should get the temps down a few degrees and then we will see better fishing for walleyes, crappies and perch. But wiper numbers have been very low so not much chance of any kind of wide open wiper action.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]You have to be good...and lucky...good and lucky...to get much action while a series of fronts are moving through. Once things stabilize and you can go out after two or three days of milder weather you will have a better chance of success.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]But don't let that alone keep you home. Always better to be fishing than doing almost anything at home or work. And whatever you catch...if anything...will just be icing on the cake.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Good luck.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
I was afraid you were gonna say that, and I was expecting that. Figured a bad day fishing is usually better than sitting at home.

I fished this past Saturday from about 7:15am till 10:30am. Weather was perfect IMO. No bugs, no sun, slight breeze, next to no boat traffic. Love this time of year. Figured I wasn't gonna going to catch anything, and to my surprise, I managed to get a small 14" wiper down at the southwest corner, which I magically transformed into some amazing fish tacos last night.

I did talk to some guy who launched/fished about the same time that I did. He didn't manage to catch anything.

Water temps in the low 60's. Think the highest I saw was 62. Didn't see it below 60.
[signature]
[#0000FF]Nice work on the wiper teen-ager. Hopefully Mama Nature settles down next week and conditions can stabilize long enough to stir the fish up a bit.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]