Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mulberry 10/6
I had just about enough laying around from the back surgery even though I’m not cleared for 6 more weeks for activities. I haven’t been fishing in 6 weeks and it’s drove me nuts. So my kids loaded up the gear and we went to flattest spot I could think of for an hour and a half in between a break in storms. The lake was like glass. The carp were jumping within 2 minutes of each the entire time we were there. We got 4 nibbles but nothing took a hook. It really wasn’t ideal fishing conditions because of recent storms but while we were it was gorgeous weather and it was nice to stretch the back a bit though I was ready to go home and rest after an hour.
[signature]
You had to feel satisfied and maybe a little humble you got to wet a line, for which there is no blame or shame in a spur of the moment adventure. [bobhappy] Laying around drives me up the wall. I always look for something to do as retirement can keep one more busy than a paid job at times. No one controls the nap times I put in either. On a good lazy day I can get 2-3 naps in. [bobsleeping] Even when I'm out trolling I feel I go into a cyclops mode but still relaxed until that rod starts dancing putting me into a high adrenaline rush, why do fish know when to wreak havoc on a good somber mood? [bobsurprised] [fishon]
[signature]
Good to hear that you got out for a while. The weather has wreaked havoc with both the fishing and the hunting. Up on the ridge we hunt on there is 6-10" of snow with drifts too deep to drive through. But only 2" at camp. Anybody know when or if the fishing might pick up with this weather pattern?
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.