Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Provo Boat Harbor
Fished Provo Boat Harbor today. Morning hours were cold as a well diggers a_ _. Good day to fish but not good enough to catch any over 29”. Caught several in this size range. All were caught dragging planner boards with bait just off the bottom. .5 mph. No walleyes were harmed today. Will be back on the pond at about 7:30 in the morning.
[signature]
Good for you. It's only a question of time till you catch more 30+inchers, it sounds like you have that time this week--keep going and wear some gloves!
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Were you targeting walleye or catfish?
[signature]
Catfish. But I have caught Eyes when fishing for cats. The planner boards just get the bait away from the boat. Don’t know if the trolling motor has any effect in shallow water (5-6’) but is running constantly to maintain .5 mph. The most effective speed I have found for catfish. A Eye is just a plus.
[signature]
I hope this morning resulted in "the big one!" It is good to hear they are still feeding in the rapidly changing weather.

Thanks for the report!
[signature]
Sounds like Tuesday was a better day! I'm grad you got the 3rd over 30." You are within striking distance of the lead, keep up the great work!
[signature]
Thanks Pisco. I’m still plugging away. 30+ don’t come easy when the water temps are 51 degrees.
[signature]