Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pugstone sporting goods
At 6:30 tonight Pugstone had a semitruck plow into the store!! Bad news, building is now unsafe.
Very sorry to hear that.
[signature]
Yes, two in critical condition and fortunate that the semi didn't hit another vehicle or pedestrians. Link to the story and a video of the wreck as it happened.

[url "https://www.ksl.com/article/46404332/officials-2-in-critical-condition-after-semi-rolls-over-collides-with-store-near-bear-lake"]Link[/url]
[signature]
Wow that is crazy, glad it wasn't worse than it turned out... Guess it's not too good for the truck driver and passenger... Wonder if they lost their brakes dropping off that canyon pass... It's a big one and could sure heat up the brakes if they didn't use the engine brakes to hold it back... Didn't say if it was a new driver, or someone from outside the area that may not have been familiar with mountain driving... maybe mechanical failure of somekind... Anyway not good, and I feel for Darin, lets hope the insurance will treat him right so he can recover, he's a great resource over there and I hope it don't effect his business too much.. Best of luck to the truck crew as well... Hope they can recover soon from the injuries... Later J
[signature]
Sounds like bad news for both the driver and Daren... Driver died and sounds like they will have to tear down the store and hopefully Pugstones can and will rebuild... crazy turn of events, sorry to hear it for all involved... J
[signature]
Yup, Darin is shut down until he rebuilds. Guys are going to need to bring their tackle with them now. Very limited selection of tackle at the ace hardware and the shell station. It was a grisly scene.

Mike
[signature]
Was up at Bear Lake this weekend. They removed the trailer from the building and had the whole thing tore down in a couple of hours. Really Sad!
[signature]
So Mike that happened just a block or so from your station, were you on duty to try and take care of them? I'll bet it was a nasty situation, did you transport them to Logan, or did they life flight them from the scene? Probably a long time to try and stabilize them, if you had to wait for life flight to get there or transport them through the canyon... It seems like you get a lot of the bad situations over your way... Sorry that's probably rough for you, but sure nice that you are there for all the people that need you... thanks for that service you render...

Has Darin figured out what he's going to do yet? I hope he can rebuild... Were they able to salvage any of his inventory? Maybe he can have a scratch and dent sale and we can let the member here know when it is so we can support him... See if we can help him out a little... Take care... Later J
[signature]
Knowing Darin for the last 30 years, I’m sure he will end up on his feet again. He had just announced a Mac fishing derby before the accident. He is still going to put this on. It would be a good time to make this a successful derby and show him support. I’ve attached the flier. It’s a pretty good time and he has extended it to cover 2 weekends to accommodate schedule or weather issues.
[signature]
Hey jef,

Ya, I was on duty at the time it happened. My guys were just showing up for our weekly training when we heard what sounded like snow rumbling and falling off of the roof of our building. We peeked outside and saw no snow and shrugged it off and then about a minute later a guy came running into our building acting hysterical and saying that a truck had just hit a building and exploded. I ran out in front of the building and looked toward Darins place and saw the smoking truck embedded in his building and thought my eyes were going to pop out!

I hollered for my guys to grab the engine and rescue truck and I jumped in my command truck and we were on scene 30 seconds later. We couldnt even see the cab at first and it had to be dug out a bit to get at the victims. It was almost miraculous that they weren't instantly killed. Still, it was a very grisly scene and pretty high stress. I truly hope we never have to deal with that again.

Darin is going to rebuild, but the insurance stuff will need to be sorted out first. We've removed the truck, building , and all debris, so all there is left is a foundation. The community is going to have a fundraiser BBQ/dinner for him on th 27th to try and help him out a bit.

Mike
[signature]