Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice Fishing Wish List
Okay so not to get in trouble with this post for advertising for a commercial vendor and all, but dang have you seen the Reed's Ice Fishing 68 page catalog.... Holy cow they have just about everything for ice fishing, except Nil's augers.... I won't post the link so I get in trouble, but if you want to see a cool ice fishing gear catalog PM me and I'll send you the link.... It's good stuff... We are such small potatoes out west when it comes to ice fishing, but they do things right back east... Only problem is this will likely cost you money you don't have budgeted for toys... Sorry for the bad example.... Later J
[signature]
They have some cool youtube videos too.
[signature]
I'll have to check them out.... Got watching some walleye ice fishing on Lake Erie last night and it was incredible... couldn't believe the crowds and this guy is pulling in 7-11 lb walleyes one after another... Amazing a water can produce that many great fish with the kind of pressure that it had... Thanks for the tip... J
[signature]
They also sell equipment for ice fishing on Ebay. Last year I got a killer deal on a Marcum flasher. It was nearly half price and free shipping. They have some great sales they do during the season. I get emails from them letting me know of the sales, and my wife gets notice of how much I have spent out of the bank. lol
[signature]
Reeds Family Fishing is a great source of ice fishing equipment. I bought my Vex and a power auger from them.
[signature]
Good ice awesome snowpack is our bucket list wish. Gear means nothing if you have no real season to enjoy those purchases
[signature]
[quote k2muskie]Good ice ...[/quote]

Agree. We had some days of clear ice reports last season and I missed it. I want to walk on clear ice and see fish swimming below me.

Everyone, please post your reports of early season clear ice, so I can experience it before it gets covered with snow.

Ronald Smile
My wish is to be able to use live bait as long it is used in the body of water it was caught in.....
[signature]
Oh that wife notification is bad news.... my card is now sending my wife info on what I'm buying.... getting me in a lot of trouble... Bought a cutoff saw last weekend and hadn't even figured out how I was going to tell my wife yet and she asked me about the saw I bought at Harbor Freight... Got to figure out how to change this ...... Good luck to you in your ice gear acquisitions... Later J
[signature]
They are good to work with, they may have seen some of my money last year as well.... Not that I'm fessing up to anything my wife may not know about yet.... I'm trying not to pull the trigger this year, but they have some great stuff that I didn't even know I needed, till I looked at that catalog... I'll try to be good.... Later Jeff
[signature]
Hey Kim I'm all in for a great ice season, heard rumor of ice in the Uinta's figure by this morning its about right to fall through... I'll bet you guys have a great season this year with a little more time to go enjoy it... Hope that works out well for you.... Good luck... Jeff
[signature]
Hey Ron, Get one of those cameras and you can see the fish all ice season and you don't have to take crazy risks to do it... Besides the fish are so camouflaged you likely won't be able to see them through the ice even if they are there... and the ice is clear... I like my Recon 5 it really shows ya what is going on close to where your camera is anyway... Sometimes that can be a frustrating thing though, when you know the fish are there and you still can't make them bite... (I've heard those cheap auto mechanic camera viewers have worked for some, but I wouldn't trust the system to stay sealed so it doesn't get ruined..) Anyway good luck if you want to try the clear ice deal... hope you get a chance... Later J
[signature]
I saw a video of clear ice and the fish swimming under the people's feet. Looked like something to experience.

My fish finder is already that: Marcum LX-9.

Ronald Smile
It is kind of fun to see the fish under the ice as you are reeling them in. Is that what you mean? If so, that happens fairly often in early ice... But I've never seen fish just randomly scattered under the ice, that would be cool... Just think it would take a lot of perfect conditions to align to make that happen... Crystal clear water and ice and then something that makes the fish look different the surroundings... Could happen, just never seen it myself... Good luck in finding that... Later J
[signature]