Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catfishing 10/12/18
Ice_sled invited me along on his last day of catfishing for the year. We only caught 5 in the 25" range--no bumpers for either of us. Drat the weather! Yesterday he caught three 30.5s which would add up to 91.5 points, which alone would have put him in third place. Tomorrow could be just as good for someone, so go Team South! I can hear the fat lady warming up backstage, but she hasn't begun to warble yet.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Yep, I heard that fat lady warming up this morning too. Pretty bad; she coughed, barfed, burped, belched, and finally disgorged a big fat skunk. I plan to enter rehab until I can pull myself together for next year. Oh, I may give it one more try but the required positive attitude has really taken a beating.

Fished this a.m. by the springs and caught a couple of cutters. Paddled over to the Benjamin Slough area and the heavy incoming water reeked of a mixture of ash and water.

Still and all, a great year and if we have any water next year I have no doubt that that 36 incher will converge with my waiting hook.

BLK
[signature]
[#0000FF]I have already bailed on the contest. But just to show you guys I plan to hit Utah Lake after the contest is officially over...and show you that the big cats will continue to eat in the cold. Sometimes better, even though they don't fight as hard.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Actually, I will be focusing on walleyes. But in years past I have caught some of my biggest cats in late October and even into November...while casting plastics for walleyes and dragging a bait on the second rod. A lot of walleyes are caught by anglers fishing for white bass or cats. Maybe it works the other way too. Fish for walleyes and catch cats. Lucky me. I ain't no purist and I'm happy with whatever wants to show me some love.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Well, five is better than none[Wink] I'm glad you got out again and had a little fun.

What was wrong with the weather on Friday? I don't remember much difference from Thursday to Friday.
[signature]
Cold front. The Barametric pressure was rising all day. Clear Bluebird sky yesterday. Rain and cloudy skies on Thursday.
[signature]
Thanks for the info! It looks like Monday will be a tough morning, but it is my only opening before the solid woman's solo[Wink]
[signature]
What ice_man said. Maybe ugly weather and big ugly fish go together--not sure where the ugly fishermen fit into that equation.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.