Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unusual catch at Strawberry
Fished Strawberry today with Shane. The company was great, the weather was as good as it gets and it was a so- so day as far as catching went.

Really surprised when Shane caught a koke on a tube jig tipped with shrimp. In all of the years I have fished Strawberry we have never caught a kokanee while fishing for cutthroat and rainbows until today. It hit hard and fought hard.

[inline "Koke 1.jpg"]

[inline "Koke 2.jpg"]
[signature]
We jig for them all the time at the Gorge. Nothing funnier than aggressive Kokes.
[signature]
Beautiful fish when in spawn colors.
[signature]
I know they are caught jigging, but usually not in 25' of water with a tube jig.
[signature]
It's always nice to get a surprise catch and you seem to come up with your share of them.
[signature]
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
That's really cool!
[signature]
You must have been in the right place at the right time, I'd be willing to bet it would be hard to repeat that catch again. Beautiful fish though, one that would be worth getting a mount of, if it was possible.
[signature]
We were up there a week ago and had a couple follow us right to the boat. Didn't actually catch one though.

Although my wife hooked an 8in Cutthroat on her tube jig and just as she got it to the boat out of nowhere a red Kokanee came out and started attacking it. It was crazy! told my wife to hurry and get that poor little cut out of the water. She got him in the boat we unbutton him and hurry and released him on the other side of the boat it was something to see.
[signature]