Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FirstLight, Nickajack, CFF #13, 2nd Place, LM, 09/29/18, Nauticman
We made the decision to run up river to our old stomping grounds even though the water conditions were what they were.... i have fished the lower end of Nick with a buddy for 3 out of the 4 last weekends and our results have been pretty weak all in all. We found a little offshore obscure spot that had some small keepers in it; but I just felt like that wouldn’t hold up. The fish we had found frogging and punching were small too. So up river we went.<br /><br />Water was dirty, so we fished tight to the rip rap with visible baits. We caught a mixed bag of LM, SM, and Spots. Biggest Brownfish was 17.5” and a real chunk. We fished some of our good SM areas and were hoping for a big mama but just did not happen. We were able to get 3 really nice fattys on this pattern though; but never hooked up with that elusive kicker. Baits we used were, SB’s, CB’s, Jigs, and Tubes. Ran about 60 miles total.<br /><br />Thanks to Dad for fishing with me. Congrats to Todd and David on the win. Couple good guys <br /> emoThumbsup <br /><br />Thanks to the committee....