Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official End Of the 2018 Catfish Contest
This is official notice that the contest is over, get all your entries in before Friday, but nothing caught after yesterday will be accepted to the scores...

Incredible year this year, with lots of big fish, thanks to all that have participated and had fun along the way...

Looking to have the award banquet on November 15th at Holy Smoke Barbeque in Layton... Probably 5:00 PM..... More later as we get closer to the party....

Looks like team North is ruling once again.... Not to start rubbing it in before the final tally is in but there is 6" to make up... I must say this is the closest it's been for a while... With both teams averaging over 30" fish...

Well let me know if you have been sand bagging any entries and I'll get the charts updated... Later J
[signature]
Get some well-deserved rest, Jeff. Ice fishing will be on us before we know it. Dogs' water had ice on it yesterday morning. Now if I could just find the handle to my auger--how do these things happen?
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Yup we'll have to see if we can talk Hookin-grinin into running our ice contest again this year... I love that contest.... Maybe it's cause I have a little more time to fish in the winter, but it sure is fun... so we won't rest too long... The ice contest is definitely one you have to plan out and strategize where to find which fish when... then you have to hope for ice to come to your favorite ponds... not to mention being able to find the big fish.... fun times... Later J
[signature]
[#0000FF][inline ebro-cat3.jpg]I guess it's too late to get this one in. Didn't have my official label handy...and the fish ate my bump board. Sorry.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Did you go and catch Lynn's mythical fish???? That one would most likely put the south in the lead... Hey hope you had fun this year and hope you can make the get together.... Hope you bring some fligs too.... I've lost too many fligs this summer and need to restock.... Thanks Pat... Later J
[signature]
Is that the monster pic from Utah lake everyone was talking about that "mysteriously" no one could find.... figures it was you lol
[signature]
"Did you go and catch Lynn's mythical fish????"

[#0000FF]Hey, Pisco ain't the only one who can make a story about ending up in the water. Lynn's fish? Hey I was reeling one in bigger than 36" when the biggun chomped on it. I know. Illegal to use live bait. But that big cat didn't read the regs. And I ended up in the water when it also chomped on my float tube. The escaping air inflated the cat and when I ended up in the water I used the cat as a floatation device. That's why I'm hugging it so tight and the fish looks all blowed up.
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]So, I not only lost the big cat I was fighting originally, but I lost my tube and all my other gear. I had no label or measuring tape...or bump board. I was really lucky that mermaid happened by and picked up my Pentax W-90 waterproof camera off the bottom and took my picture. Woulda been a bit much to ask her to help me shoot a legitimate contest picture. Have you ever heard a mermaid laughing?[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Wouldn't miss the annual get-together. Not that I'm all that thrilled with the venue or the food, but it's a great chance to meet up with the rest of the catfish contingent all together. It's a wonder we can all have an appetite in such surroundings.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Yeah, I'll bring some fligs. Got new flavors and also some hookless models...to fish like corkies. Just figured out a way to make them...for some sturgeon junkies. But I'm sure that in the right sizes and colors they will waylay some kitties and other species too.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Put my name on the list. Not sure about TubeBabe yet. She keeps a busy schedule these days.[/#0000FF]
[signature]
[#0000FF]Actually, there is a fair population of those big cats in Utah Lake. But they don't respond to the silly stuff most fishermen use. They need big meals. In fact, most folks who actually see them usually end up inside them within the next few seconds. And swallered fishermen tell no tales...or tails.
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Hope you are mending well and are able to get in some more fishing time. Say hi to the boys.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Yup, there in there all right. Why else would I have been in such a hurry to get back in my boat on Monday?
[signature]