Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has the Berry turned over?
Has Strawberry done its fall turnover? Because the fish go shallow, concentrate and are on a food binge?
[signature]
Got a report this week that it’s started in some areas.
[signature]
I had to call in sick so I could go to Lake Powell!
I was there last Friday and the water was green with lots of alge floating everywhere, I was running my camera and it was bad for seeing anything. So I would say give it a few then go for it.
[signature]
We fished the Berry today. Algea was still floating everywhere. Had to clean our lines regularly. Fish were relatively shallow and lots of surface action early. Lots of slot Cutts and one nice Bow. We started in Renegade and moved around to Meadows. Found fish everywhere. Fished mainly Rapalas and Kwik Fish.

TiteLines
[signature]
We fished it Saturday. Wind picked up when we started fishing. We ended up just drifting with the wind and dragging tube jigs. My boys ages 9-4 ended up landing 23 in 3 hours. It was awesome watching them learn how/when to set the hook on a bite. Even my 4 year old was hooking fish all on his own. We had multiple doubles and even a triple. I stayed busy baiting hooks and releasing fish the entire time.
[signature]
[quote Uintaman]

Has Strawberry done its fall turnover?

[/quote]

Water is the heaviest at 39.2 degrees Fahrenheit, so no the fall turnover has not occurred at Strawberry. Lots of alga and some seaweed has died and is floating around, but that is all.
[signature]
[quote kentofnsl][quote Uintaman]

Has Strawberry done its fall turnover?

[/quote]

Water is the heaviest at 39.2 degrees Fahrenheit, so no the fall turnover has not occurred at Strawberry. Lots of alga and some seaweed has died and is floating around, but that is all.[/quote]

It looks like no one read your posts are remember them.

I was there Wed. the water temp was 48 deg. I forget my downrigger balls
so could not get down to check water temp.
I would think that the temp down 40 are 45 feet is 48 deg. but will be colder down 60 feet.

and there is a lot of fish down 45 feet. so they are all over the water column
saw a lot of chubs on the fishfinder.

from 8 to 10 we had 3 cuts on all the time it is getting so it is not a lot of fun catching those little cuts even if catching 40 cuts a hr.
we did get two rainbows that we thought were Kokanee they keep coming out of the water and jumping.

Next time I go to Strawberry I will have a new Humminbird Solix SI fish finder
[signature]
I hate it when I forget my balls!![sly]
[signature]