Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Record day at the Berry
Fishing Strawberry Saturday was epic!!! The morning was foggy and a bit slow. We moved to the meadows and quickly found the zone and the lures. Over the next four hours my cousin and I landed and released 118 fish, smashing our previous record of 72. We had dozens of doubles, several triples, and at one point we had four fish on our lines.

Our method was flat-line trolling at 1.7 to 2.2 mph. Anything gold did well, but the lure of choice was the gold Jakes, close second was the gold Thomas spoon.

I hope this helps.
[signature]
Any good ‘bows?
[signature]
All cuts, no bows, which is strange. Also strange, every cut fought like a bow. They just wouldn’t stop kicking.
[signature]
Great report Ox. Question: when you troll a Jake's, do you weight it to get it deeper? Just straight back with no weight?

Thanks,
--- Coot ---

Oh ... "Flat-line" trolling might be the answer. (But I'm not sure)
[signature]
Funny you mention gold for your fun day....silver last week was my choice and only an F4 silver flatfish work. I happened to have 2 in my tackle box and the hit was constant. I ran mine 100 feet out and that was perfect for rainbows and cutts all from about 18-22 inches. The speed was the same, kind of weird, most were liking the 2.2-2.5 range.
[signature]
Hey BigOx, welcome to BFT and thanks for a great report.. Appreciate that detailed info... Later J
[signature]