Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry question
Does anyone know about access to strawberry via sheep creek? What condition is the road?
[signature]
I came across from Strawberry near the portal, over Strawberry ridge. Connected to the Sheep creek road just north of the sixth water bridge, then over the hill and out right fork of Hobble creek on Wednesday 17th. no problems. Don't think we have had much weather since then.

Actually started over by SC dam over French crossing and then down to Strawberry near renegade. Then around to the portal.

Hope that helps.
[signature]
Thanks for the info. Since the forest fires and the recent storms I wasn't sure what the road would be like. [reply][/reply]
[signature]
I was there last Wed and the road was open but very washboard eeeee. Four wheel drive helped but the drive still took 40 min for the 11 miles. Wind was terrible and we s pent the day at the docks but 3 of us still got 42. White tube jigs tipped with chub.
[signature]
That's good to know. given what you indicate I think we'll take the long way around on the highway. Sounds like you had a good trip in spite of the rough road.
[signature]
From my home in Spanish Fork, Google shows it's 28 miles farther to go through Heber than up Sheep Creek, but it only takes 8 minutes longer. I can't imagine the trip would be all that much fun bouncing a boat over that road. I would take it as a scenic route though, at the right time of the year.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.