Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah early rifle general season success
I did a ton of scouting this summer on a new unit that I had e-scouted online and thought should hold some good bucks.

Found them in there thick pre-hunts in the heat and dust.

We got 6-8" of snow on us overnight prior to the Weds opener which limited our maneuverability, but we still got it done in the end.

Best buck I have shot in about 13 years, and a great first buck for my nephew.
[signature]
Very nice bucks buddy! Congratulations!!!

Are you guys going to shoulder mount them or thinking about a Euro?
[signature]
Sunrise on the water
Going to do European mount on both. I thought about a shoulder mount for mine, but the $ is just not there, even if he is my best buck to date.
[signature]
I'd be happy to do them for you. I'm in South Jordan.
[signature]
Sunrise on the water
Nice bucks, nothing like hunting in the fresh snow, congrats. I see you are a Quality Assurance inspector, I spent my last 13 years at Hill as an Aircraft QAS.
[signature]
Beauties. Im up in the bear lake area hunting now. Rain everywhere. Lots of deer, just no Bone!
[signature]
Nice buck, man the last couple days I've been seeing some great pictures of deer this year and all we seen were 2 and 3 points... guess ya got to go in the right spots... Later J
[signature]
@WET1 I tried my hand at doing a European mount on a buck a couple of years ago and it turned out great. I plant them in the garden over the winter and the bugs do the hard work. Thanks for the offer though.
[signature]
Great bucks, congrats. So this was a regular season hunt, with an early starting date?
[signature]
Yes. They opened up several units this year with early season any weapon hunts to try to cut the crowds a bit. This one was only a 5 day hunt, but from what I hear I think it was a successful endeavor. I am not complaining. Wink
[signature]