Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice fishing ice over
I'm thinking ahead about ice fishing. What waters freeze over first? It seems that Huntington (Mammoth) may be the earliest, usually sometime around Thanksgiving. What have been your observations?
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

You are correct. Usually around Thanksgiving. Last year Cleveland had the best ice early. 4” of crystal clear with no snow. Very slick. Fishing sucked.
[signature]
I know of guys watching lakes pretty close now. Haven't heard in a week but they had 2" of ice during the cold spell. I'd expect some have fished hard water by now. Just looking over my gear tonight getting psyched and ready. Time for the ice challenge. Later J
PS I'll see if I can find you a set of rules to study. J
[signature]
I found them back on the contest forum from last year.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Great, I doubt they will change much this year. Thanks J
[signature]
I think we're talking about the same people. Matt is keeping us all up to date on their ventures. You going to Henry's this year? Going to be quite the ice show I hear. Fun to see everyone's new toys and nice work they have put together. Later J
[signature]