Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Young fisherman
https://www.facebook.com/whatdidijust/vi...TEzNzk2OQ/

Do you have memories of fishing at 3?
[signature]
Very cool [cool]. What I remember at a very young age which I was a little older than this was raiding the sock drawer to use as mittens to play in the snow back in the late 50's living the Great Lakes area. [bobhappy]
[signature]
I did not look at the attachment. It took a couple minutes to clear the tears after I saw this post. My first memory is of fishing with my father on a sandy shore and I remember my dad putting it the tub at home. My father was a good man. Unfortunately he unexpectedly past last month. Thank you for the post. Thank you for the memories.
[signature]
I was older than three, but not much when my family got into boating and deep sea fishing. We specialized on Red Snapper and caught a lot of other varieties in the Gulf of Mexico. I caught fish much larger than me. Growing up, the concept of children was foreign in my family. We didn't play with toys as much as taking the helm on a large boat, running machines, greatly increasing the seaworthiness of the boat and designing and making things, repairing equipment and too long of a list to post. It gave me a great head start on confidence and abilities. Great memories!

Similarly, I'll give my future children such advantages and more.

When I saw the video, I had to share it with our fine group of fishing enthusiasts.
[signature]
Pretty cool Ron -- looks like a fisherman for life, as what happened to me about that age when my dad hooked a couple bluegil, and then handed the cane pole off to me to pull 'em in...Hope we're all doing that for our kids and grandkids...Guluk...
[signature]