Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockport Yesterday (Fri.)
Too windy to start (0845), but a buddy and I launched my canoe with high hopes of 15 to 18" rainbows, like we were catching last year trolling, this time of year....We did put up pretty good numbers, maybe 2 dozen, but all caught were released, 8 to 10"ers....In the 4 hours we trolled, I had 1 heavy hook up for about 5 seconds....Rapalla worked, as did gold Jake's, rainbow Lure-Jensen, pink X skull fly, all tipped w/ small piece of nite crawler...Fish finder showing off and on deeper, 18 to 33', but I can't get that deep out of my canoe...maybe some of those were larger fish, I don't know....wind died about 11:30, and the smaller fish were still hitting when we left at 1:00...One other larger boat on water, and 1 "pedal-yakker" .....Looked like the larger boat/trailer that launched left tracks way too far out into the muddy part of the ramp before the boat dropped....too scary to do my bigger boat, but a fun canoe outing (other than the sore back, sore rear, sore legs)....Guluk...
[signature]
Joe, how come you're not out duck hunting instead of fishing? Did you find out the fish taste better? Glad you caught fish though; to bad they weren't bigger. Tell me mor about the ramp. Is it out of the water?
Richard
[signature]
[quote r2u2]Joe, how come you're not out duck hunting instead of fishing?[/quote][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]I can answer that - its because the ducks are on holiday right now and refusing to fly. My last 3 trips resulted in being skunked. But Joe & I will be giving BRBR a go on Monday. [Smile][/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Lots of shooting at Harrison yesterday afternoon, not sure if there was any associated killing.
Used my 3 shotshell quota to load up with a Gaddy and one teal.
[signature]
Glad you said skunked, now I feel better. I haven't fired a round yet. I have been seeing thousands of ducks but they refuse to fly; they are content to set, eat and sleep.
[signature]
Hey Richard -- Yup, I'd rather be pulling the trigger, but like Bob says, they just ain't flyin'....so we had to pick on the baby trout for awhile....There's still cement under water, but all mudded in right where the water starts....and you can see where it's been plowed off the sides of the ramp, to the water....like snow being plowed off and piled up on the sides of a road....Probably doable with a bigger boat/trailer, and 4x4, but I don't need to chance it this time of year....ducks will fly again....Guluk..
[signature]
[quote SBennett]Lots of shooting at Harrison yesterday afternoon, not sure if there was any associated killing.[/quote][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]Sadly, I didn't renew my Harrison lease this year. [frown][/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."