Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Echo ?
Since Echo is down to 15% water capacity, what does that do for fishing between now and next spring? Is there more winter kill? Is there enough food supply remaining for all the fish species? Do some species get hit harder than others? Is the fishing good because they are all in one small area or is the bite worsened by being so cramped up? Is the bite good before Ice up? Is ice fishing going to be very good? Should one avoid such a lake under these conditions or does it make it preferable?
Thx.
[signature]
Ever since the big draw-down for the dam repair, fishing (standard or ice) has not been like it was. My guess is winter kill will be severe again due to extreme low water. I plan on skipping it this winter...

TiteLines
[signature]
Thanks for the into. What do you think the fishing is like between now and ice on? What size are the fish? thx
[signature]
Hard to say. Since I can't launch my boat there, I have been hoing up to Strawberry and Deer Creek. In the past, the Trout fishing was good until the Bows went up the Weber to spawn. That's about now.
[signature]
we hammered the perch all summer, hope it holds for ice fishing this winter if it ever gets cold enough. lots of smallmouth also
[signature]