Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CHANGES FOR RIRIE ICE FISHING PASSES COMISSION
Hey guys. Havent posted in a while but i heard a rumor that Ririe might get opened up, the whole lake for ice fishing. So i talked to John at Idaho Fish and Game in Idaho Falls just 5 minutes ago and he says that IS one of the proposed changes that will be voted on in the middle of November. It was his opinion that he thinks it will go through. I know the issue in the past was the harrassment of wintering animals in the area. Lets keep our fingers crossed and see if this goes through. I am so excited i think i just peed a little. What do you guys think? Lets all think really cold thoughts. I have been wanting a consistent perch area for years through ice where i could regularly get some good eaters. This could be it. Tired of driving way accross state to find.
[signature]
[quote Tazasorus] i think i just peed a little.[/quote]

Uhm, Taz........ Ice fishing is a LOT more fun when you don't have pee in your pants.
[signature]
I don't think it will make any difference in the fishing access for perch. The lake usually doesn't freeze much past the mile mark at Juniper. If the county was to open the Blacktail area then it would make a world of difference in the perch fishing. I don't see that happening in the near future.
[signature]
I would love to ice fish Blacktail. However the county needs to pony up and keep the road open. I would trust the ice between Juniper and Blacktail to travel on.

[fishon][fishon]
[signature]
The ice conditions between Juniper and Blacktail since I've fished the last 10 years has been marginal if not open most of the time. I see geese, ducks, swans flying up the lake into the narrows. They are spending the day some times the nights on the open water. Most years I can see open water 1/4 mile past the marker. I would never travel up the lake unless it is an exceptionally cold year and a foot of ice at Juniper.
[signature]
I think that would be a great idea. It would help spread the people out especially if Blacktail was open. If they don’t plow the road they should let you snowmobile over to And on the lake. I think they should have a speed limit of 10 miles on the lake anyway no matter what you’re driving. Will they let snowmobiles on at Juniper?
[signature]
no snowmobiles allowed on ririe. 4 wheelers only at this time.
[signature]
Just talked to Scott at fish and game and he said proposed changes flew through commission and passed. So we can fish blacktail if it ever freezes up back there. I asked how getting down there would bw handled and he said that was countys decision. I will make a few calls and see if they have answers yet.
[signature]
I meant to say I wouldn't trust the ice between Juniper and Blacktail.

[fishon][fishon]
[signature]
Has anyone talked to Bonneville County Commissioners about keeping the road into Blacktail open during the winter to, allow fishing?

If not I will call them this week.

Thanks
[signature]
I have found the new rules for fishing Ririe is the whole lake doesn't start Jan 1st.

Heard people are chaining up to get down to Blacktail. The county is giving out tickets for being on closed road

I am still trying to find out if the County is going to keep the road open during the winter.

[fishin].
[signature]
I am tring to find out too . My brother has worked for the county for over 15 years . He is going to try and find out .
[signature]