Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry 10-30-18
Had a good day at strawberry. We caught 24 in about 4 hours. Should have had a lot more as we had alot of hits that we just could not get a hook set on. And we probably had another 10-15 that got off right at the boat.

Nothing huge, all were in the slot.

Mainly fished the Meadows area.

White tube jigs tipped with chub meat. Variations of very slow reeling or reeling while jigging.
[signature]
Were the docks still available?
[signature]
My neighbor and I fished the Meadows on the 27th. We trolled night crawlers on behind silver and gold dodgers with our spinning gear. We boated 46 between us. The largest was 17". We caught lots of 10" to 12" planters and a few in the 14' to 15" range. We couldn't find anything over 17". It was a great day at the Berry. Water temp was 47.5 degrees and not much moss to fight. I think it will be a week to 10 days before the lake turns over.
The docks were still in the water.
[signature]
As of Monday 10/29....the docks that you use to leave your boat in overnight (north of the regular boat launching ramp @ Renegade) were being removed. The boat launching ramp was still in the water before I left at 10:00AM. However, that could have been removed when he finished with the other docks.
[signature]