Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fish and non fish late reports
Been to the Bear River and Willard twice each the past 2 weekends. Not much to report. Bear River Saturday 20th Oct just one large carp we cut up for bait. Sunday 21st Willard Bay South, beautiful weather, wife caught one medium Cat, released.

Back to Bear River, just me, Saturday 27th Oct another really nice day but only avoided a skunk with one small Mud cat late in the day.
Sunday 28th Oct wife and I went out from Willard North marina. Just outside the marina north side, she boated a very nice Perch. 12.5 inches long, fat belly (full of eggs maybe). Released. Later boated another cookie cutter size Cat. Me.....I took the skunk home [:/]
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Too bad Willard seems to have really changed this year, hasn't it? That sure was a nice perch though. Still it is nice to just get out on the water sometimes, if for no other reason than to keep in good shape for launching and retrieving the boat and to enjoy a picnic lunch!
bad day fishing better than a good day at work.

Boy it sure would be nice to find them foot long perch come ice. Mantua have just been dinky one last couple of years. Nice fish
[signature]
There's Always Time For One More Cast
ANY day fishin is better than ANY day workin [Wink]
I haven't caught a lot of Perch at Willard, but that one was probably full of eggs so I let her go. I have caught a few that were 11.5 inch to 12.5 inch. But I never actually target them at Willard and I don't fish thru the ice.
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool