Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where have all the deficit hawks gone?
While I know Senator Hatch isn’t running for re-election, I’m wondering if it will make a difference in the deficit. Yes, overall he stands out as the senator that voted most consistently for the largest amount of run up in government deficits in the history of mankind. But it seems since Reagan really put an end to the GOP being financially conservative we don’t have any true deficit hawks in either party. Yes Hatch and other party hacks will oppose deficit spending when the other party has the Presidency but since most of the deficit since Reagan is under the GOP that’s a pretty poor record. We hardly hear a word from any politician right now about record deficit spending that Trump has ushered in while inheriting a booming economy that continues to expand during his term. I know midterms are coming up but any thoughts why people don’t vote on this issue consistently? Are too many voters just party hacks themselves and won’t vote for their country’s interest if their party consistently? Obviously while the extreme deficit is overwhelming a problem we face because of GOP leadership since Reagan the same holds for the Dems on many other issues. It’s just with the King of deficit support retiring soon during record increases in deficits this issue was on my mind.
[signature]
That matters a lot to me, too!

I hope the close Congressional races and losses have communicated to Republicans that it's wrong to break campaign promises on funding the wall, repealing Obama Care and ending crazy spending.

Given that President Donald Trump signed the crazy budget increase, it's hard for me to make the case that he will end the crazy spending, but to his credit, he has been keeping campaign promises rather swiftly and he did say that was the last time he would sign such a crazy spending bill. In his defense, there's information a President gets that we don't, so based on clues, I believe there was an urgent need for the defense spending he did get with the egregious rest of the budget.

In preparedness there is a lot of attractive subjects on what to buy and often while minimizing or ignoring the preparedness aspects I advocate of good health and fitness because without it all else is a moot point.

Similarly, I have reasons to believe we could have easily lost our United States of America without the increase in our military budget for reasons that aren't made public. But, getting past that vulnerability, I expect our President to be true to his promise to not sign such a bill again, so the lack of deficit hawks in Congress and even a Democrat House majority will not mean that such a bill would be signed by our President. Government shut down or not, he will be true to his promise.
[signature]