Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Renegade Fri. 10-2
As discussed in other posts ramps have been taken out. Kind of tough getting people into boat after launching as water is low. We usually go around to west side of parking lot and load there (fewer rocks) but this is not possible now. To shallow for 10' to 20' from shore.
Windy 10 to 15 mph I would say almost all day. Chilly day. Air temp. 46 when we left.
Water temp. 45.
Caught 7 bows and the rest cuts. Lots of fish. No cuts over the slot but some close.
Fished 1/8 oz. or 1/16 oz. jigs tipped with either crawler or chub. White with black flakes caught the most fish. They were not to picky as to color though.
Sometimes they seemed to prefer the crawler and other times the chub.
I fish almost all tubes but the fellow I was fishing with almost all grubs. He had quite a few short strikes where grub skirt was pulled down (Must have been male fish).
I fish tubes as I feel I have more hookups with them over having them grab the tail.
[signature]
Thanks for the good report. I think you meant 11-2 in the title, though.
[signature]
How time flies when you are having fun.
[signature]
I'm glad you reported the wind speed. I've been watching the weather/wind report on the National Weather (NOAA)web page for three days prior to Friday.

I had everything loaded on my truck and was going to go up Friday but when I walked out the door it was raining at my house (Cottonwood Heights) and I really didn't want to fight the wind that they reported so decided just to stay home. I got blown off last Monday so I'm glad I stayed home now. I'm going to try to go up this coming Wed.

Thanks for the report.
[signature]
No rain there but the boat would swing back and forth tons with I-pilot anchor set.
We found it best to pick the drift and then drag the second jig while working the first.
We got there about 8 and left at about 5.
[signature]