Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are any of you having problems getting...
An Email notice, when another member replies to your post or sends you an PM? Several members have had this problem lately, here is what you need to do.
If you still are using the same Email account that you had when you signed up on BFT, try adding this to your list of contacts in your address book.
webmaster@bigfishtackle.com
Other members, including myself have had that issue and the notifications were going to our spam folder, until we put that in our contact list. If you have changed your Email address, you need to go into your Forum Setting above and update it.
[signature]
Thanks Curt, I was wondering what the deal was.
[signature]
No problem Ralph, just thought I'd post this because usually when one member is having problems with the site, there are many others that are too but they just haven't mentioned it.
[signature]
Curt, mine has been intermittent in when it works and when it don't... That's what is weird about this problem, but I hadn't put the webmaster in my contacts until just recently, so I hope that will fix it for me... Thanks for passing that on... Jeff
[signature]
No problem Jeff hope it works now, with more consistency.
[signature]
I seem to be getting them today, but some show up later on or delayed. But good to get a heads up. Some posts I quit watching and don't notice that I should have replied. Thanks. J
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]I just went back and checked all my emails since last Friday. I have not received a single notification about replies to any of my posts and several of them are marked for notification. I did get one notification for a PM sent to me. My settings for acceptable senders includes both the BFT domain and the specific link you mentioned earlier and have had those for a very long time. This post is also marked for 'Send e-mail notification on reply.'[/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
I still get the occasional notification a day late too, not sure what that is but i still get them at least.
[signature]
Are you also checking your spam folder Bob? If you already have webmaster@bigfishtackle.com
in your address book, there are a few things you can check in your forum settings, check that your correct Email address is correct, then check to make sure the boxes are checked that says, "Post reply notification" and "Private messages".

For those of you that have to check those boxes or update your Email address, then go to the bottom a click on the "Save Forum Settings" button.

If all of that is correct and you are still not getting Email notices, send me a PM and I'll have the tech folks look into it.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]Seems to be working Curt. I got an email notifying me that you had posted to this thread after I checked the box requesting notification.[/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
[#0000FF]What about lonely members who send themselves a PM just so they get something?[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]I guess that is another set of problems.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Good to hear, hopefully this threads helps a lot of members that are having this problem.
[signature]
[quote TubeDude][#0000FF]What about lonely members who send themselves a PM just so they get something?[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]I guess that is another set of problems.
[/#0000FF][/quote]
You can do that[Wink].
[signature]
All my notifications are going to Spam. What do I need to do ?
[signature]
Have you tried this:

If you already have webmaster@bigfishtackle.com
in your address book, there are a few things you can check in your forum settings, check that your correct Email address is correct, then check to make sure the boxes are checked that says, "Post reply notification" and "Private messages".

For those of you that have to check those boxes or update your Email address, then go to the bottom a click on the "Save Forum Settings" button.
[signature]