Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Lake report 2/18/2004
Crappie action was hot this morning at the outlet . Caught 9 10" and about 5 8" crappie and 1 fat bluegill . Also pick up 1 small white bass . Fished from 9:30am to 1:00 pm .
[signature]
[Tongue][Tongue][Tongue][Tongue][Tongue][Tongue][Tongue][Tongue][Smile] NICE TO SEE YOU CAUGHT THEM
[signature]
caught blue gill , crappie, and white bass at lindon boat harbor wed afternoonhad about 20 total
[signature]
Hellsangler,

what did u use to catch the fish, and how deep is the water and also ice thickness?
[signature]
I had a pink shimpo with a glow rat finkee below about a foot with waxes on for bait . Both of them caught fish . Water was 5 to 7 ft. deep in the channel . Ice was 14" thick in the channel with some water on it , but seem to be good ice . I did best fishing up from the bottom about 3 ft with a slow lift up and let it back down slow .
[signature]
Are you talking about the outlet at the Lindon boat harbor?
[signature]
Do you have any pics to post? I am thinking of getting one of those disposable cameras to take fishing. Has anyone used it in the cold? How did it work?
[signature]
I was at the pumphouse outlet . I got some pics too when they get done (35MM) I will post . I picked up 4 more crappie and a nice white bass this morning . Only fished till 9:30 am today .
[signature]
I use 35MM all the time , even disposables . They work great . Just remember film can get old so check the date on them . I always use my film up fast . I rarely use the whole roll before it gets developed too .
[signature]
Photos . 8" blue gill , 10" crappies , and white bass 13.5 " . I thought the white bass looked more like 14" but pic looks like 13.5 so I will go with that . I put all that I caught today back down the the hole , but keep 6 crappie and blue gill from yesterday . Now I can add 5.5 point to the challenge . Been after a carp lately , but can't seem to hook one when I want to . LOL
[signature]
For those of us that have lived in Utah County forever and have only fished Utah Lake twice and like to sound stupid, where exactly is the pumphouse and how do you get there?? I have wanted to fish Utah Lake more since it is only a couple minutes from home but have never known where to go or what to use. Just looking for some good directions and access points.
[signature]
the pumphouse is fairly easy to find from the 15 exit the lehi off ramp and go west thur downtown when you get to 9550 W. turn left stay on tjis road until you see a sign saying R/F park on the right hand side park here look south and you will see a drive way leading to the pump house walk down this drive way to the end and you will see a trail to the left follow this and it will take you to the outlet
[signature]
I fished in the north east corner of the harbor, right next to shore in about 3 ft of water, used an ultra clear 2 and 4 pound test line, with a small white jig head and a white rat finkie with with wax worms
[signature]
would someone please taell me how to get rid of the cal. trip on the bottom of my posts ? thanks
[signature]
You need to go to the "Edit Profile" and delete that part out of your "signature" box.

See you on the water!

ES
[signature]