Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IS Henrys capped yet?
Anyone know. Below zero weather up there last couple nights. Usually when no posts it means there fishing already.
[signature]
I hope it’s got a cap, but I kind of doubt they’re fishing it yet. Hope for more cold and no wind.
[signature]
Curt?
[signature]

[signature]
If You go to Henry's Lake Foundation web sight . There is a report the lake is capped. But no safe ice yet I think it will be safe by next Friday. The weather forecast is for very cold this week . This morning at 8 am it was 8 degrees and never got over 32 all day .Be careful out there . Dont want to loose any friends . I am Elk hunting so have not been that way for a while .
[signature]
Heard reports today from Henry's on FB. Can't verify how safe the ice was but they had some nice fish.
[signature]
No the lake is not capped yet. It started to but then it warmed back up. Still a lot of open water. Some of the coves have frozen over enough to get on if your brave.
[signature]
Hmm..I guess I missed the warm up. Fished at the county ramp yesterday on 6 inches of clear black ice. It did snow most of the morning so there’s about an inch on the ice now. Still very slick! Cleats are highly recommended. Tons of people fishing Staleys but the rest of the lake was pretty quiet. No open water in sight. Fishing was phenomenal!
[signature]
Can't wait to get out this week. Hopefully everyone leaves some fish for me. Can't make it out until Wed. I'm excited to try my new ice fishing toy a jawjacker jigging base. I figure it's like the trolling of ice fishing. Might seem a little lazy but efffective.

If anyone sees me up on the ice say hi. I will probably be there Wed, Thur, Fri, and Sat morning.

Windriver
[signature]