Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flaming Gorge 11-11
We went up to Flaming Gorge on Monday and fished out of Firehole. Didn't get onto the water until 1030 but had a pretty good day of fishing nonetheless. We used four different lures and caught fish on all four a total of 13 or so fish. Caught all species including lakers, rainbows, and cutts.

I ran my downriggers between 35-50 ft down and stacked them 15 ft from the bottom depth. We trolled between 2.5-3.0 mph and the water temp was anywhere between 39-42 degrees.

We did most of our damage between the Firehole ramp and the Confluence. Went as far down as Buckboard but got no bites and nary a mark on the fishfinder. We made our way back up for some more action until about 400 when we went a just past the ramp in search of some burbot.

We tried yamamoto white luminescent curly tail grubs but got squat. Searched around for the beggars until 600 and got off the lake trying to beat the snow storm. Needless to say we didn't beat it. Drove back to camp at Rock Springs with what turned out to be a couple of inches of the white stuff on the road. Guess we'll have to plan a trip later on when the ice forms which in my estimation won't be too long.
[signature]
Boy you guys are really figuring things out fast. Congrats and thanks for the post. J
[signature]