Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry
I am thinking about fishing Strawberry on Friday. I will be fishing from my pontoon boat. What are the current conditions like (water temp). Also since I will be kicking around where would be a good location to try?
Thanks
[signature]
Last Saturday, the water temps were 42°. I expect that by tomorrow the temps will be around 39ish.

Last weekend, we had good fishing in the Renegade and Indian Creek area. There are plenty of experienced tubers out there. Just look for where they are fishing and that will be a good indicator as to where to consider.
[signature]
You might want to consider Mud Creek. Fished it yesterday morning. Conditions were ideal...no wind until about 12:30. Fished out towards the mouth of the bay casting a green woolly bugger. Landed 11 cutts (all in the slot) and lost a bunch.
[signature]
Trapper - How deep were you fishing your buggers?

Catchandrelease - I've heard all around Hawes has been good and would be good in a pontoon. Soldier Creek side was good last week. Launched at the main boat ramp and fished south of there but lots of spots not far from the ramp. Seems like everyone is catching fish everywhere right now.
[signature]
I estimate the fly was catching between 8-12 foot. I was using intermediate line and retrieving pretty slow. When I got tired of casting I just kicked and dragged the fly...that work well too. Just cruised the shore lines. Hitting mud creek again tomorrow...taking advantage of the weather.
[signature]
I'm heading to Renegade in the morning (Friday) myself. Everyone is doing pretty good in all of the Meadows area. I will be in a SeaEagle (pontoon type boat) if you see me say hi. If your a fly fisherman try a purple woolly bugger I did well on that last week as well as a chartreuse tube jig tipped with a worm. Dress warm, it was 12 degrees last Friday morning.
[signature]
I think we will be going to Renegade as well. I will be in a yellow Creek Company Pontoon boat and will be fishing with my Dad who will be in a blue FISHCAT. Hope the fishing continues to be hot. Thanks for the info and hopefully see you tomorrow.
[signature]
Hit Strawberry today we decided to give Renegade a try. Got up there and the weather was awesome. Got the water and immediately my Dad had two hits. Then the wind came up and fishing really slowed down. My Dad caught a small planter rainbow and then we fished for about another hour without a bite. I was getting ready to go back when we I hooked up and landed a nice big rainbow. Kicked in and missed another one. We then loaded up and moved to Mud Creek. Fished there for about and hour and landed 4 nice big cuts and missed another 6 or 7 hits. When we left the wind was still blowing hard and talking with others once the wind started the fishing slowed down.
[signature]