Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scofield
Maybe I am crazy but I want to go to Scofield today in the boat. Any one have a report on the ice condition TODAY? Is it frozen over? Thanks for the info and help.
[signature]
There is a live-view camera at the Boy Scout camp that shows ?Madsen Bay?. I'll try to locate the site and get back to you.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Here's the site. The camera is a long way from the lake so I can't tell for sure how much is ice and how much open water.

https://www.weatherbug.com/weather-camera/?cam=SCBSA
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Thanks for the info I found it. Looks like we will be able to access it. I will let you know how it goes.
[signature]
Well the ice was on Scofield today. Three of us went, took the boat but there was ice at both marinas. There was open water a couple of spots so we bank tangled. In less than 4 hours the three of us got 22, 18, 10. Thats fifty from the bank. Lot's of rainbows about 12 inches, a few at 16 inches and a few cuts in the slot. The biggest was a bow about 2 #. Chub meat was the best with rainbow power bait next. Beautiful day and good fishing. Ice will not be good for a while
[signature]
Glad to hear you had a good day. We had similar success a couple of weeks ago and I'm itching to go again.
[signature]

Is there any ice showing on the main body of the lake or just in the coves?
[signature]
Any where the water is shallow or in a cove there was ice. No boats or ice augers need right now. We only saw three spots that didn't have a thin layer of ice.
[signature]