Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sturgeons!
I was on the river here a few weeks ago, and stumbled upon a great little honey hole! I arrived around 4 and left about 9ish and I pulled 8 Sturgeons out and was a blast! I was actually targeting Walleye, and to my surprise I was quit happy for the day!
[signature]
Thats awesome, what is the largest sturgeon you have ever heard of anyone catching in that location? What were you using for bait? Can you eat them there or are they only catch and release? Thanks for the report and pic.
[signature]
Acruelly caught bigger, I wish this pic turned out, my reflective vest didn’t do me any favors...
[signature]
Good job. It's always fun when an unusual day happens. What type of sturgeon are they? I fish for white sturgeon in Idaho.
[signature]
Good fishing to all.   Hue
Pallid and Shovel nose are the 2 we have here and they are all for catch and release.

Every Sturgeon I have caught here has all been on Minnows.

I am the only one I know that has caught Sturgeon in this area! And I am very excited to hear see what others have caught as well! So post em!

I have spent some time in Hell’s Canyon targeting the “Whites” and here is the only pic I have left of the ones we have pulled in.....

Have you fished for them in Hell’s Canyon? Or where do you like to fish for em?
[signature]
We have several members on the Utah and the Idaho boards, including Burley that fish the Snake river up in Idaho several times each year. Here is a link to the last trip I took up there:

http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gfo...on;#890733
[signature]