Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jacobmango, HollyCircle/Chick/SuckCreek, Largemouth/Spot, 10/31/18
Had one of those rare opportunities to fish twice in one day and I couldn’t help myself. Especially after my morning tanked.<br /><br />Launched my kayak at Holly Circle this morning at 8am about when the sun came up. I went left at the launch for the first time. Tried a squarebill on some of those first docks you come across; no luck. Texas rig rage craw (my confidence bait); nothing.<br /><br />I noticed the water is at least 4 ft. Lower than I’ve ever seen it there, possibly more. Tons of bank was exposed. <br /><br />I continued to try different things. I have no electronics so I used a spinner bait occasionally to try and find out what was on the bottom/depth. I pulled up some green gras and brown grass. Didn’t seem to matter, I went three hours without a bite and tried about all I could think of. Finally got a 1/2pound spot on a spinner at about noon. <br /><br />After I rested a bit, and tuned in to some of my favorite YouTube channels I got psyched to do some football jig fishing. I went off suck Creek road. It was a spot I hadn’t tried before but I know there is tons of rocky bottoms all over that area. Since grass didn’t work for me earlier I went for it. This time I was determined to build confidence in my jig fishing. I threw it around for a minute and got a bunch of bites but couldn’t seem to set the hook on one. I ended up getting a decent one and headed home shortly after.<br />