Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good Day For Controlled Burn
Why doesn't the BLM schedule controlled burns on days before a BIG Storms with rain/snow in 24 hour forecast? Like today !

Oh wait they're off on holiday break.

I never understood the reason to start a fire when conditions (wind) are supposed to pick up in a couple days and the season is summer.

They need to start managing the forest(s) instead of waiting for them to burn down. Sorry I'm venting but it sure seems to be getting worse and I'm hoping change is in the works.

Have a smoke free T-Day and stay dry...
[signature]
The environmentalists stop proper forest management under guise of protecting odd creatures. This started way back in the '80's and continues under guise of protecting something odd. But, none of what they do is really for what they claim is the reason.

President Donald Trump has been a strong advocate of proper forest management to prevent these very damaging wildfires and speaks on it frequently. It's controlled by local politics and in different places, the politics is different.

I remember walking through many managed forests of Louisiana and Texas. There are big tall straight trees without underbrush -- just big thick tree trunks at ground level. It's not easy to light a living tree trunk on fire. To build a fire, (a camp fire) we select dead branches and logs and smaller ones to get those started. That's what litters the forests of California as the environmentalists and crazed voters don't allow the dead wood and kindling to be removed and are fine with putting people and their homes at risk.

Regarding caring about our environment, it's among our fine fishing group that there are many who not only don't litter our beautiful lands, but help clean up the mess left behind by others.

Ronald Smile
[signature]