Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice breakup?
I was wondering how long the ice usually lasts. I've been hitting jordanelle but want to hit a few more lakes and was wondering how much time I've got left before the ice breaks up. I would guess that Utah lake probably goes first. Strawberry closer to the end. Rockport-Jordanelle somewhere in the middle.

I'm just having to good of a time on the ice and I know it's gotta end but when?[unsure]

Thanks

Bigpapafish
[signature]
Having a good time should never have to end, once the ice goes away we have the water to fish in. The only thing wrong with that is the water sure is wet!
[signature]
It is different every year. this year you will probably be able to walk on it into april.

1 day of warmer weather will not effect it.
[signature]
You think we'll be able to walk on Jordanelle into april? Cool. I was getting kind of Sad to think that my newfound obsession was almost over for the year. Thanks for the words of encouragement hft.
[signature]
in April some of the reseviors will be iffy. utah,mantua,deer creek,jordanelle.

but some of the higher ones should be o.k.

one never knows!
[signature]
I just keep telling myself that we're having a late January thaw this year, and it's going to get colder again, and i feel better. I still haven't made it up to strawberry, so that's gotta be a goal of mine. Maybe next weekend.
[signature]
Definately, 20" fish at strawberry should not be missed.
[signature]
SHHHHHHHHH, dont talk about it and the Ice will never leave,,, [Wink]
[signature]
how come before the waters iced over everyone could not wait
but know everyone can't wait for it to leave just somthing to think about
matt coulter
[signature]
I never want the ice to leave!!!!!! about Strawberry last year the ice stayed until mid April this year on the other hand I think it going to stay until first part of May(I'm hoping) I'll ice fish until the ice is still a few yards from the shore, probably think I'm crazy but thats when nobody is around and the fish are going nuts for anykind of food!!
[signature]