Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finesse Trout Tungsten and Marcum Ice Fishing
https://youtu.be/GOOuYPKtVys

How to fish for rainbow and brook trout using a Flasher sonar and slip float with finesse presentation. The trout can be finicky and will often take a small presentation like a tungsten jig and small piece of night crawler or meal worm when they won't touch anything else. If you are seeing fish and they are swimming by your presentation that means they are interested in feeding but do not want what you are offering. So change up and find what they want. It is hard to beat the downsizing method to trigger activity. A jig is often the most reliable method of effectively delivering a tantalizing morsel to the strike zone. Get it in their face and slow it down. Wait for the take. It's coming!

Many guys I bump into on the ice in BC have never seen a flasher sonar or even heard of one. Guys often ask me what the red box is. Well here is that Red Box Marcum in Action with demonstration on what you see and how it helps me catch fish.

Hope you guys enjoy this video. Let me know in the comments your concerns or questions and I'll get back to you. If you have questions I can answer with future videos I always like that kind of stuff. Thanks for watching!
[signature]
Is the Red Box Marcum different than a regular Marcum flasher? How long have you guys had good ice up there?
[signature]
This is just a regular old Marcum. I just called it that cause thats what my kids call it.

We have had some minimal fishable ice for the last two weeks in British Columbia. In Alberta guys have been on Ice since beginning of November.
[signature]
LOL, I thought it looked familiar, pretty strange people there had not seen one before, they have been around for a lot of years.
[signature]
[quote wiperhunter2]LOL, I thought it looked familiar, pretty strange people there had not seen one before, they have been around for a lot of years.[/quote]

Yeah they aren't that common in BC since most guys site fish in ice huts.
[signature]
Wow, they must be fishing pretty shallow to sight fish or the lakes just aren't very deep there.
[signature]
The water is usually quite clear and they are fishing shallow. The fish feed mostly in 10 feet of water or less. So sight fishing is quite effective.
[signature]