Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Echo ice
As of Thursday echo has been fully ice capped. Not safe yet. Give it a couple days
[signature]
I drove along Echo today and saw some adventurous soul out on the ice by the dam and another on the ice just out from the boat ramp. I think I’ll give it a few more days myself.
[signature]
Hey LipnRip -- good to hear you're out there looking....hope to see you out there (fairly) soon...Guluk..
[signature]
Should have waved. Or was that you honking repeatedly?
[signature]
No I didn’t honk but if I wasn’t in a hurry I would have come down for a closer look. How thick was the ice and were the fish biting?
[signature]
Ice wasn't very good near dam, not quite 2". It was cracking alot and had thin edges. Even with life jacket on it made my butt pucker a few times. Ice still needs to grow more. Didn't stay long. Moved to boat ramp and found ice a little thicker, but varied from hole to hole. Don't take my word for it, please check for yourself. Boat ramp has been plowed and was snow and ice free. Made for easy parking and access onto ice. Caught several rainbows with 13" being the biggest. Jigging a white tube with wax worm seemed best. Didn't find any perch
[signature]
Ok... I seen you twice then. I was driving the truck across the dam when you were at that end then we saw you at the ramp on the way to the Polar Bear for a late lunch. Well thanks for the report hopefully the cold days will out number the warm days this week I’m anxious to get out there soon.
[signature]
I drove by when you were off the boat ramp yesterday. I definitely needs some more time for my liking, but I am glad that you were prepared and safe.
[signature]
Whoops! My mistake. I just saw that you originally posted you drove by Friday, not Sat like I thought. I only fished it on Saturday. I agree, I won't be back til the ice thickens some more
[signature]
Did you you use your parks pass or were you even checkrd?
[signature]
Ha I realized I forgot to pull it out of the glove box and display it once I was out and had poles in the water. I saw the dnr truck parked up by the gate and fully expected a visit. I kept a watchful eye so I could run back and show my pass if necessary, but he never came to say hi
[signature]
Sorry about the late reply been a busy week with Christmas approaching and work. Hope to see you out there sometime. Going tomorrow to try my luck. Been building some custom beaded jigging spinners gonna try em out tomorrow.
[signature]
Yeah, good to hear from you and hope you have luck and can do us a report, at least on the ice conditions...I'd like to be out there one day this week also, depending on ice....Guluk...
[signature]
Ice by the ramp is right at 4.5” clear, measured. Hopefully these upcoming temps don’t chew it up. Was 24 at 9:30 and 38 at 2:00 when we left. My guess is it will hold until it gets cold next week and we’ll be good for the season. I’m an optimist to a fault tho. Just be smart and careful.
[signature]
Yks MACMAN...Yeah, I'm just a little concerned with these warm temps again....but do believe I'll still take a look yet this week....maybe the sooner the better!....
[signature]