Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard North marina ice or lack of fishable ice 12/7/18
Seen people asking so here some photos.
[signature]
Thanks for posting those pics. If this warmer weather continues, like they are predicting, that ice will be gone later this week. It is almost gone in my yard, so maybe I'll be able to take the boat out, one more time. Did it look like the Bay, outside the harbor, was all open?
[signature]
I would think you'll be ok to launch from either marina. Both have ice on most of the marina, but its only quarter to half inch thick off the docks. Both ramps are ice/ snow free with a small lane of open water to the main body. No ice that I can see in main water body. It was fairly warm air temp, can't imagine it will build much ice today.
[signature]
Sorry I forgot a picture of north ramp. Its your best bet at launching. It has more open water and no ice next to the one dock
[signature]
Thanks for the info, with day time temp above freezing for the next week, it isn't looking good for build much ice, even with the overnight temps below 32 degrees[Sad]
https://www.ksl.com/?nid=88
[signature]
No doubt. Today would have been a nice day for a boat. Warm, overcast and a slight breeze. Would have the whole pond to yourself as an additional bonus
[signature]
Curt, I was out there today. Clear channel from ramp to the lake. Lots of open water when you get out of the marina.
[signature]
Thanks Larry, sounds like Willard might be in the plans then[cool].
[signature]