Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cascade Lake
Does anyone know if there is any ice on Cascade yet, I spent the last few days bird hunting near C.J. Strike and it only had a skim near the Bruneau River inlet. Just curious, thanks.
[signature]
Called up there this week . No fishable ice yet a little at south and north ends but middle still wide open. I am impatiently waiting to get up there again [fishon]
[signature]
Thanks it would be nice if it would freeze solid and stay frozen thru Feb.
[signature]
They are ice fishing Cascade on the north end 4 " of ice and catching jumbos . If you have any questions call Tackle Toms or check out his web site .
[signature]
Thanks Curt, heading up Jan 14th for a few days of ice fishing if the weather stays cold.
[signature]
We are going to try and go late January or early February. If anyone stays at Birch Glen Lodge please post a review. . They got bought out . And fired Sharen . And I heard they raised the prices .
[signature]
Heard the same thing and am moving up the lake to Donally and will be staying at the Long Valley Motel, a lot closer to Poison Creek.
[signature]
I have a group going the end of January so I called birch glen and he offered us a 10% discount and was still more expensive then renting a cabin up by Donnelly. So we have 8 people in our group and rented a cabin for 4 days and it's close to the lake right across from poison. We'll be there from Jan. 29th til Feb. 2nd, if anyone is interested in the cabin rentals I found them on Homeaway.com the cabin is fully furnished and only 5 minutes from Donnelly.
[signature]
l will be goose hunting in Wy. during that time frame, will be making my second trip up in 2019 from 11-15 Feb. Staying in Donnelly if there is good ice. Do you go up with the group from Ice Shanty?
[signature]
No I don't go with that group. This will be my first time to cascade, and all the other guys going with first time. Looking forward to the experience and the biggest perch.
[signature]
I was very impressed with the Birch Glen and new owners. Hospitality is the same plus great improvements to the lodge. Life goes on and it’s a new chapter for BG. Check them out. Down right nice folks.
[signature]
Thanks for the report . How much did the prices go up .
[signature]
I believe $10 I stayed in a single with Queen price was $70
[signature]
Last time we stayed there we stayed 5 days had 2 Queens and a kitchenette for $65.00 a night .
[signature]
We will be staying at the long Valley motel in Donnelly 2 beds with kitchenette for $77 per night with tax included, a lot closer than driving back and forth from cascade each day. Leaving this Monday returning home on Friday, headed back up again 11 Feb for the week. I will let you know what the place is like if your interested. I still would like to make a trip to Mackay for some kokanee before the ice goes out.
[signature]