Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Guy
I just registered and thought I would say hello.
I've been a regular on some hunting forums but have had a hard time finding a good fishing forum.
I've included some basic info about myself in my profile that you may want to check out.
[signature]
Hello there BrianID, Welcome to the BFT message boards. Even though I am in Ca right now, I did spend alot of time in Idaho. I used to live in Rigby. Near Idaho Falls. I did some fishing here and there. I really used to enjoy the Snake River( all areas) and PalaSades Dam area. That was always good for Cutthroats and Whitefish.

I see you are a flyfisherman as well. That is cool. Don't forget to come by and visit our flyfishing board here on the site. I look forward to reading your fishing reports.

Happy Fishing.
[signature]
BrianID,

Welcome to the site!! We all look forward to your post's about your adventures!! I hope to get to the Geoge this year and learn to fish it, but my passion is Bear Lake and will probably be spending alot of hours on it. Send me a P.M. if you would like too hook up and do some fishing sometime.
[signature]
Welcome aboard BrianID. looking forward fo your posts[cool]
[signature]
Hey there Brian, [Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=2631;] to BFT!! I'm looking forward to your fishing reports. What do most of the people fish for in Idaho? It's mostly for walleye here in ND. BUT I'M A BASS MAN![cool]

Feel free to drop by the north dakota board anytime!
[signature]
Bassmaster-ND
Most people in Idaho fish for trout, especially on the Eastern side of the state.
Like I said in my profile I mostly fish Eastern Idaho. Around here there are a handful of small reservoir that have largemouths. A few places along the Snake River and some larger reservoirs have smallmouths but for the most part there aren't many bass in Eastern Idaho. Farther to the West there is very good smallmouth fishing but it is also a long drive for me. Last year the bass fishing wasn't very good because with the drought many of the reservoirs are being drawn down right after the spawn and are close to empty in September.
About a 25% of the time I fish specifically for bass, sturgeon, perch, bluegills or other species besides trout. I don't think life can get much better than when the bass are hitting topwater baits.
[signature]
Thanks everyone for the welcome.

fish1on,
Sent you a PM

tubeN2,
I used to live in Idaho Falls area as well. There is some great fishing in that area. You seem to like float tubing. Did you fish Henry's often? The South Fork (snake river from PaliSades dam to Menan) offers some great fishing but there aren't as many 20+ inch fish in there as there used to be. There are also more rainbows and browns in that section of the river now.
[signature]
Hey Brian, I mostly bank fished those sections. I only tubed in Utah and now I tube alot here in SoCal.

You are right about the trout. Some of the best trout fishing in the US.
[signature]