Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starvation- Not much ice and even less fish
I fished Starvation on Sunday from my tube. I launched at Rabbit Gulch about 10:00 and fished until 3:00, covering about 3 1/2 miles. I had a total of two hits and that was it. I used several flies and a couple of different lines but no luck. I did not see all that many fish on the finder all day.

The water temperature was 37-38 degrees and the visibility in the water of about 7'. The reservoir level is at 74% and rising. There is very little ice in Rabbit Gulch.

The work on the campground is still progressing with the addition of at least three other restrooms and a couple of covered picnic areas.

It was a nice day with temps in the 20's and 30's and calm winds. It's too bad the catching wouldn't have been a little better. This was my second skunk in a row over there, I'm a slow learner.[:/]
[signature]
Thanks for the post. I don't know why but starvation is still where I want to be. Now was that work being done in rabbit gulch? It's about time, like to see a simple boat launch. Gravel would be an improvement. Like the east side of bear lake. Do you live close by?
[signature]
[quote doitall5000]Now was that work being done in rabbit gulch? It's about time, like to see a simple boat launch. Gravel would be an improvement. Like the east side of bear lake. Do you live close by?[/quote]

Yes, the work is being done west of the restroom where you first drive in. They are working down to the end of the road that runs to the west.

I don't know of any plans to develop any kind of launch ramp but it would be nice.

I live in Price but I just enjoy a place where you have an opportunity to catch so many different species of fish.[Smile]
[signature]