Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Lake December Newsletter
[#0000FF]Got my emailed December Newsletter from the Utah Lake Commission. Some interesting things about the Lincoln Point development...with survey. Also some moves toward dealing with the algae blooms.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF][url "https://us14.campaign-archive.com/?u=81543442399c32c0fce942192&id=c9ae52289a"]LINK TO NEWSLETTER[/url]
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Thanks Pat. I did submit a survey.
[signature]
Thanks Pat I submitted a survey as well.
[signature]
[#0000FF]Since I don't do "bookface", I did the survey on the Commission website too.
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Looks like they have taken some of the early suggestions and put them in survey form.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]One of the feedback items I got from Sam at the ULC was that Utah County was playing it pretty close to the vest on just how far they are prepared to go in revamping that area. I hope they do it right.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]It is kind of a two-sided coin. As it is now, there are not as many people who go there because it is very rude and crude. But when they dress it up purty it could become overrun with wackos taking advantage of the County Parks free access policy. However, I have confidence they will never let it get out of hand like the Knolls. They already manage and patrol the existing Lincoln Beach facilities pretty well and are usually able to keep the rowdies and vandalism at a low level.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]And speaking of the Knolls, there is supposedly an agreement in principle between DWR, the landowners and Utah County to finally clean that area up and put in some improvements.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
That’s great to hear about the knolls. I haven’t been out there but I’ve heard it get rowdy and dirty. It would be great to have another clean place on the southern part of the lake to enjoy. From what I’ve herd it is a good place to fish.
[signature]
[#0000FF]I love the Knolls. When water levels are up enough I prefer it to almost anywhere else on the lake. I cried a lot during the time it was posted against any public access. And I am really looking forward to seeing what they are going to do for improvements.
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]I am attaching my CD/book chapter on the Knolls for your light reading and entertainment.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Fantastic news on the Knolls if it actually gets done. I miss that place when we had high water spring fishing.
[signature]
I miss the high water spring fishing[:p]
[signature]