Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Echo 12-24
Hit echo today from 8 - 10:30 (had to meet the wife's family for lunch) and we caught over. Dozen perch that ranged between 4-10 inches, and iced one 14in bow. Perch were all right on the bottom in 20 fow. Taking little chartreuse ratso jigs tipped with wax works. The bow took a chartreuse paddle bug with wax worm. Had a group next to us tell me they didn't catch anything and they were using a slightly larger jigs. They seemed to prefer a dead stick, but did get takes from slight jigging. The edge by the ramp was melted with a 6ft plank to access. Some guy got saved from a big mistake trying to get his side by side on the ice. He broke through at the edge (twice) trying to get out on the ice. Stronger heads prevailed and he trailered his rig after all.
[signature]
Sounds like you did pretty good for only fishing a few hours. Did you catch the bow fishing near the bottom?
[signature]
Yeah, not too bad for my first time at Echo. I had a trout rig set at 10ft and just watched my flasher while we caught perch. I missed a couple on the trout rig. May go back out this weekend and look for a spot with more trout and less perch. Haha
[signature]
Had similar perch results from 11 to 2 in 30 FOW. Chartreuse with bait and right off the bottom was key.
[signature]