Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
yamamoto grubs
Hey i like to give them a try, I thinking the 3" single tail any suggetion on color . Are they worth the extra money?
[signature]
Every color, shape, size, and texture will depend on the species that you are trying to target and the clarity of the water as well as the depth that you plan to use them at. Could you give us some particulars?? That way we would be able to help you alot more.
[signature]
I think they're worth the price. That's the primary grub I use these days. As for styles, sizes and colors, (a)where are you fishing, (b) what's the water clarity like, © what is/are your target species, (d) what's the primary forage base or bases?
[signature]
I want to get up to the flaming gorge(spelling??) but i allways hit Echo pineview willard matuha planing a trip to pelican this spring.
[signature]
[size 2]go with the color #140 for yamamoto grubs. 140 is the best all around.[/size]
[signature]
Unless Pelican gets enought water to fill it completely, I'd go with lizard or brush hog set ups rather than plastic grubs or worms. I usually get the Zoom 6" lizards. When the water is murkier and high, then I fish a texas rigged worm.
[signature]
[size 1]what is a brush hog set ? Never been to pelican, just herd about all big gills . [/size]
[signature]
My absolute all time favorite in the single tail grub is #194, a green grub with black flake. I tend to used Yamamoto plastics, almost exclusively. They do tend to out perform other plastics on many occasions, whether its grubs, Ikas, or senkos. Gary Yamamoto doesn't offer his products to major retailers do their discount nature, but his son also has a line called Kinami Baits. Most of these baits are the same consruction with similar colors. You will find these to be a little cheaper at local discount stores like Wal-Mart and K-Mart. Good luck.
[signature]
Brush hogs are just lizard baits with extra tenticles and legs all over. When the bass go into the shallow and clear water, I've found them to be very effective.
[signature]
If you are going for the big gills at Pelican, I used to use a medium blue or a black rooster tail. That would only limit me to about 40 in 1 1/2 hrs. It sounds like the conditions have changed just a bit since I was there but go ahead and take some as backup.
[signature]
If you'll be targeting just the gills, then I'd go with just about any small spinner or jig. I like to use 1.5" purple tubes or curly grubs in pumpkin. Paddle bugs have also been really effective for me.
[signature]
THANKS FOR ALL THE GOOD INFO. i WANT TO GETS SOME GILLS BUT i HAPPY WITH WHAT EVER WILL BITE MY LURE.
[signature]
Hard to beat a rooster tail spinner, I go up to echo walk the shore throwing them catch bass and perch. My kids just love to do that.
[signature]