Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hyrum
Fished hyrum yesterday and it was slow for trout so I tried a perch rig and then it was ok the last hour of day light fished it from 330 to 530 took the kids out today and from 1030 to 230 and we got 5 trout I tryed teaching them how to set the hook on there own and they missed hell probly 10 other fish but that's ok they had f uhn it was not till 130 then it died down and I didnt like how thin the ice was so we left it was 3 inches max by next weekend I bet it will be 4 1/2 with the cold temps trout where small but feisty average fish was probably 13 inchs
[signature]
Hey thanks for the report, I’ll bet that was a little scary on the ice. Doesn’t seem to be thickening much on other ponds so I’m surprised it held ya. Glad there wasn’t any polar plunges. Nice job getting the kids going on their own. Later J
[signature]
You must have been fishing by the dam- looks like you would have been swimming at the other end.
[signature]
Wasn't me that made the report, but I looked at the dam cam as well and looks like open water on most of the dam doesn't it... I'm not in a hurry to try it... Later J
[signature]
Fished Hyrum today with a solid 4” of good clear ice at and around the boat ramp and 4”-5” towards the dam. Caught some perch and trout.
Great info, was there many others fishing there today? Thanks for the intell... Later J
[signature]