Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Echo help
Taking nephews to echo for the first time tomorrow. Never been there. Any advice on where to park or where to fish? Is it a deep in the middle or is it a pretty flat lake?

Not asking for honey holes but if anyone will give me some general advice that would be great.
[signature]
Just go to Coleville, head to the main boat launch, park right on the launch, walk out 150-yds into 28-32 ft of water and commence fishing. Hard baits with waxies, or maggots on the bottom will catch perch, if you see fish higher in the water colum go to them and they are scrappy 14 inch rainbows....
[signature]
Sweet thanks for the help. I didn't even know which side of the lake the boat ramp is on.
[signature]
Make sure if you do park on the boat ramp you bring $6 cash for a state park fee, the fish cops are out everyday giving warning and tickets. We were there on Wednesday did really well. Walk straight off the boat ramp about 150-200 yds. We targeted perch. Our set up was green and white ice flies tipped with a wax worm with a 1/8 oz sinker about 8 inches above the lure to get it to the bottom faster. We also used a 1/8 size kastmaster instead of the sinker with the hook removed. Tied that on, then some line about 8 inches below to the ice fly. Jigged every 15 seconds with awesome results. After we caught our first keeper perch, I dispatched the perch, then popped out the eye and used that to tip the lure. The eye ball was 10x’s more effective.
[signature]
Here is a map, freeway is on the left, boat ramp on the right.
[signature]
[#800000][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]The boat ramp on Curt's map is where it says Echo Resort (now it is Echo State Park). If you have a 4-wheel drive vehicle, you can drive down the ramp and park off to either side or just drive down to the water's edge on the beach off to either side of the ramp. If you only have a 2-wheel drive vehicle, you would be better off to park in the lot at the top of the ramp.
[/size][/font][/#800000]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."