Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry help
Heading out to the berry tomorrow. Wondering if anyone had some info on what to use and where and what depth to fish. Thanks
[signature]
Fished the ladders today. Started off in 15 ft. Caught 2 right out the gate then nothing. We moved to 9 ft thinking they were shallow and only marked 1 fish. We decided to fish deeper. Made our way out to 26 ft and even though it wasn't fast and furious, we we're seeing action. Green and whiteTube jigs tipped with meal worm was working today. Cutter bugs and paddle bugs usually treat me well, but not today. Landed 6 nice cutts, no slot Buster's but we had more then our fair share of quick release. Good luck.
[signature]
Fished in 40 FOW today and put 8 cutts including 1 slot buster on the deck. Lost 3 at the hole. Most were caught on the standard white tube jig with chub meat. Caught several of them high in the water column between 11 and 24 feet. The slot buster was on the bottom at 40 feet. Action was steady until 2pm after that we saw few fish on the finder.
In general, I try to target 25-30 FOW while fishing Strawberry. I have one rod about 5 -10 feet under the ice to catch rainbows and kokes. The other I fish near the bottom for the cutts. Like what was mentioned early a jig with cut meat on it works very well for the bigger cutts.
[signature]