Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry ice fishing report Sat
Fished strawberry by the marina on Saturday AM from about 8-12. We had a group of 4 adults and 7 kids. In that time we brought 1 fish to the top of the hole. We probably had 3-4 total bites. The other groups around us weren’t bring any or many fish to the surface. We were using glow skirted tube or cutter bug jigs w wax worms and tried 8-30 feet of water eithe suspended mid way or right off the bottom. Walking off the lake we saw a guy who had two huge 24” cutts. He was just 100 yards out from the marina. Ice was 4” thick. Weather 0 degrees.
[signature]
if you fish the marina that will be your result , it pays to move
away from the crowds
[signature]
very good to take the kids out fishing.How much snow abd slush is on the ice?thanks
[signature]
[quote gznokes]

Walking off the lake we saw a guy who had two huge 24” cutts.

[/quote]

If he was by himself he was breaking the law.
[signature]
I picked up on that too Kent. People need to learn and obey the rules of the fisheries they frequent.
[signature]
That's the biggest problem with Strawberry! I see it almost every time I go anymore. people not obeying the regulations. But not enough law enforcement presence to stop them.[:/]
[signature]
I fished strawberry on sat. in the bay behind the marina, myself and 1 other person. tried out my deeper fish finder and it worked great. It was -2 at 730 we hit the ice and caught 4 fish only 1 over 21 inches the others seemed to be twins, all at 17inches, we were in 23 fow and right on the bottom. left at 1045am we did not get bait cause it was a last minute deal to go ..so I got some shrimp out of the fridge and it was just the ticket, the fish hit like a freight train no tip toeing around they seemed all about it !! just used a glow jig head 16th oz so it fell slow just thought I would share thanks
[signature]