Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New video. Ice fishing Echo
Couple days before Christmas I had a mission to catch some perch before Christmas for the dinner fest. Took a late state around 10 am and fished till 3 pm. Fishing was on and off all day but manage 20+ perch and 20+ bows. They all came in pocket of schools. Small spoon jigs and perch meat was the best for the day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4njSuSLwBMA&t=145s
[signature]
Nice video, thanks for sharing
[signature]
Nicely done Eric! Good video also.
[signature]
Good job with the video and the catch!
[signature]
Great video. Looks like the perch were decent size for the most part. Great Job!!!!
How deep were you fishing if you dont mind sharing.?
[signature]
I know there are lots of way to do things, but it always surprises me HOW differently we all do it, and still succeed.

I'm no expert, and I do use much bigger jigs for perch and crappie than for bluegills (I like teeter-totters and ice ticks, for instance), but at first glance that tube jig looks huge, and I rely a lot on the weight to keep my line stretched, so I add only micro-plastics to the lead.

Yet, there you are catching perch.
[signature]
Great video next thing to do now is go 8 hours up to Cascade Lake in Idaho, jumbo perch there. I grew up in Idaho every year we would catch 3-4 pound perch! But Echo is really looking like they have a good perch habitat going on there!
[signature]
Thanks
[signature]
Thanks man. Stay warm in Florida for me.
[signature]
Depth is undisclosed sorry.
[signature]
That trip they wouldn't really touch anything small. I use 6 lbs Flouro as main then top 5-8' of 2-4 lbs.
[signature]