Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
porthos33, Percy Priest, Cumberland River, Bass, Thanksgiving weekend
So over Thanksgiving I got to fish 4 days, 3 at Priest and one on the Cumberland River. I have fished Percy Priest quite a few times over the years with my B in-laws and F-in-laws. We have had a lot of good times and caught a lot of fish, but I was humbled over the weekend to say the least. Two days we fished 7 hours and the other day 2 hours on priest and I didn't catch a single fish! My b in law lost one at the boat maybe 2 lbs and my F-in-law caught 2 dinks on our first day at our last spot that we've caught a lot of better fish. Tuffest I have ever seen this lake. We spent 10 hours at the Cumberland on black friday. We haven't caught any big ones there but we always catch a bunch. We tried an area we haven't ever fished and it had some great scenery but we couldn't get a bite. We must have hit 50 spots and we had one fish all day. it was a white bass. I couldn't even believe it! Worst four days of fishing I've ever had! We did have a good time b/c it became funny just how bad we stunk at fishing! Blessed to live where we live, where the giants are everywhere!! This was the picture of our backdrop fishing the Cumberland river.