Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Boots
Alright guys I just ordered these guys and they should be here Friday. When I get them I will try and do a review on them so you guys can have some other options for boots. They are a little on the spendy side but I wanted to try something waterproof since my baffins are not. But everything I could find online was positive and I'm excited about the interchangeable soles.

https://www.amazon.com/Korkers-Vortex-Wa...B075QY3DWS
[signature]
I will look forward to your review.
I love my Korkers wading boot with Boa system.
Do your feet tend to be always chilly no matter what boots you used to wear?
Mine do and I am sick of it and ready for a good pair no matter the cost.
[signature]
Um not normally I usually run pretty warm other than my fingers haha but I will definitely give my opinion on them when they get here
[signature]
I had no idea they made this type of boot. I have a wading pair with the BOA system and love them. Very interested in your review. I like the ice cleat/studded interchangeable sole for the ice.
[signature]
Well they showed up on time Friday. Tried them on at the house and that's as far as they made it. While sitting on the couch putting them on, I just couldn't get the BOA system to tighten enough for the boots to stay on my feet without my heel slipping. Being 6'2" and 145 I don't have a lot of meat on my bones so I think that could be part of the issue. but I had about an inch of play around my calf and couldn't get them any tighter around the top of my foot. While working on tightening them they definitely were warm in the house. But I don't think I am gonna try another pair where they only come in full sizes and I ordered a half size larger than what I wear. There is a chance I will downsize to a nine and see how they fit but with the bash coming up in a couple weeks im kinda running out of time to find a warm waterproof set of boots. Forgot to mention I was wearing a thick pair of wool socks while trying them on.
[signature]
I think the ones im gonna try next will be the Baffin Titan boots. Fully waterproof rubber boot and rated for -150.
[signature]
Well my Baffin Titans showed up a few days before they were supposed to. Fresh from the box they are pretty light in the hand. Tried them on and for having the -150 insulation the feel is a bit tight but I can feel the insulation forming per say to my foot so it isn't as tight. Temp wise for the five minutes I had them on they were starting to get pretty warm inside. They fit tight around the foot and I cant say I feel my foot slipping in them while walking around even though there is no to tighten or strap the boots to your feet. Haven't had a chance to get them on the ice yet but so far I am happy with em. I'll post another review once I get them on the ice hopefully some time this week if I can slip away after work
[signature]