Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lead pourers
yep , i make my own jigs and sinkers . coustomise them a bit .

simpley cutting a grove to add a swivel or a stinger hook , or even painting the sinkers with a flouresent paint to bring the fish in .

what other ideas are floating out there ?
[signature]
Here's a little something for you to try out for spring walleyes in rivers. Get the jigs in the color you want made up(I prefer a pearle with red or green dots for eyes). Take some deer tail hair, and tie on enough to graciously cover the hook. I like green or chartruise died hair. Make it a little longer than your hook. After you get that tied on good, take a scissors and trim the hair evenly right at the back end of the hook. Some of the current we fish is a little heavy in the river, so I use 1/4, and 3/8 oz. jigs. What I have learned from many years of fishing for these critters, is to tie a size 14 mustad treble so that it just reaches slightly past the hair. I prefer the Mustad, in case you get in a heavy snag, you can sometimes pull hard enough to staighten out the hook to get it out easier. I hook my minnow on the 14 treble, and get alot of bites, because the minnow looks like it is going to eat the jig. It's not stiff like when you hook it on the jig. And the hair is not real wavy, and really seems to turn those walleyes on. Alot of times the fish I catch will only be hooked good on the treble. I can't even tell you how many hundreds of walleyes that have fallen to this setup. And, if you are getting a few that don't want to stay on, you will just have to go with a conventional stinger setup. Try this, you may be pleasantly surprised at how good it works.
[signature]
somewhere on one of our advertisers here i saw some titanium split rings . you buy them to fit your test weight of your line . they won't give way to a fishes fight , but if your snagged on the bottom a good hard pull will release the hook so that you can retrive your lure . . i'll see if i can find it again and post it .
[signature]